What is Energy Audit?
The energy audit is the translation of conservation ideas and hopes into reality, by lending technically feasible solutions with economic and other organizational considerations within a specified time frame.
The primary objective of the energy audit is to determine ways to reduce energy consumption per unit of product output or to lower operating costs. The energy audit provides a benchmark, or reference point, for managing and assessing energy use across the organization and provides the basis for ensuring more effective use of energy.
“The verification, monitoring and analysis of use of energy including submission of technical report containing recommendations for improving energy efficiency with cost benefit analysis and an action plan to reduce energy consumption”
- Reduce energy consumption costs
- Set energy conservation goals
- Identify areas where energy wastes can occur
- Relate energy consumption to production
- Improved process/ equipment efficiencies
- Identify and recommend energy saving opportunities
- Initial site visit will be conducted by the DOST EA Team that may take one day. The main aims of this visit are:
- To finalize energy audit team
- To identify the main energy-consuming areas/plant items to be surveyed during the audit.
- To identify any existing instrumentation or additional metering that may be required.
- To identify the instrumentation required for carrying out the audit.
- To plan the time frame.
Depending on the nature and complexity of the site, a detailed energy audit can take from several days to weeks to complete. During detailed energy audit the DOST EA Team accompanied by the company’s engineering/ production staff will identify the energy consumption by type of energy, by department and by major items of process equipment. It also evaluates all energy-using systems.
The Department of Science and Technology CALABARZON (DOST CALABARZON) and Southern Tagalog Consortium for Industry & Energy Research & Development (STCIERD) recognizes the benefits of conducting an energy audit as a tool for productivity improvement in industry and their competitiveness as well as environmental protection.
Technical Services Being Offered:
- Energy Audit
- Complete Facility
- Energy-Intensive Equipment
- Boiler Systems
- Kiln and Furnace
- Electric Motors
- Pumps and Fans
- Air Compressors
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems
- Cooling Towers
- Air Handling Units